Thursday, May 20, 2010

Chalky Skillet




I know...I have a love affair with my cast iron. I can't help it. It is so southern, so pretty, so fabulous to cook in and so the best thing to have in your kitchen. Well, I was in desperate need of something to act as a sort of book end in my little cookbook nook. I had a little box there but it just didn't look right. I went in the garage to get the mop today and this skillet caught my eye sitting on the shelf with all of my Sexyman's hunting stuff and some of our camping stuff. That's when I had one of the few original ideas I've had lately. A cast iron skillet is dark like a chalkboard and I am sooooo into chalk right now so I wonder...




Here it is!!! I took that skillet (our camping skillet...we'll get another one) and I cleaned it up all purdy and broke out the chalk markers. Found an extra easel thing and propped it up and it fits PERFECTLY in my little space!

1 comment:

  1. So you didn't paint it? You just wrote right on the cast iron? Very cute idea. I like it.

    ReplyDelete