Thursday, March 3, 2011

Uh Oh, Y'all...

 I really never should have bought that bag of various size paint brushes at Hobby Lobby a  few months ago.  I mean, I just can't quit finding things to paint!  If I don't stop, my 1300 square feet of wall space here at the Triple P is going to be absolutely FULL of DIY crafts. I don't think my cowboy husband will like it, although I do live with two deer carcases flanking my living room fireplace but that is a subject for another day and believe me...I can make THAT conversation last all day.  Anyhoo, I came across this piece of scrap wood the other day and it was just the cutest little shape and size.  I finally decided that the Triple P was in desperate need of some kind of SWEET TEA reference since this OkieBelle has an addiction to it...again, another conversation for another day.  I got out the craft paints and paint brushes (my favorite part) and found my sand paper and stain.  Found a cutie-pie font and printed out my lettering.  Once the words were done, I saned it as much as I could and then added the stain.  I actually put on several layers of stain until I found the deep color I was wanting.  After each coat, I wiped it off with a paper towel after letting is sit and marinate a few minutes.  I am pretty happy with the results and can't wait to display it...somewhere!  Now, what is that piece of wood hiding behind those plastic tubs in the corner over there in the garage...



No comments:

Post a Comment