Saturday, April 16, 2011

Country "Lunchables"

My sweet Cowboy is my lunch partner every day here at the Triple P.  He gets out of Pre-K at 10:50 so I pick him up and we come home to start our together time before my Mini-Belle gets out of school.  I occasionally buy those Lunchables for my Mini-Belle's lunch box because she loves the ones that let you make your own pizza.  My Cowboy...not so much.  However, since he wants to be like his big sister, I bought him the ones with the crackers, cheese and meat slices.  He LOVES them!  i realized it was silly to pay for something that contained items we already had in the fridge just because it came in a divided container.  Then it hit me!  I use muffin tins for the Mini-Belle's after school snacks so why couldn't I use it for a faux "Lunchable"???  To get my Cowboy to go for it, I have to call it a "Country Lunchable".  My babies want EVERY THING to be from the country.  When we go to our Sonic here in our hometown, they order "Country Dr. Pepper" or "Country Sweet Tea".  I remember stopping at a Sonic on our way home from the mall and my Cowboy asking, "Does THIS Sonic have Country Sweet Tea?"

Well, here are a few of his Country Lunchables lately.  For some reason he eats EVERYTHING I give him if it is in this muffin tin.


Yogurt, summer sausage snacks, milk, orange wedges, cheese cubes & Ritz!

Apple sauce, cheese cubes, Ritz, little smokies, ranch & carrot sticks!

                                             
                                          Fat free pudding, banana slices, Booste Kid Essentials (he drinks one of   these EVER day), broccoli & carrots, chopped up beef brat, cheese cubes!

No comments:

Post a Comment