Monday, April 18, 2011

Patterns a'plenty!

When my mother was packing up her sewing room before she moved this last fall, she came across something priceless to me.  She found some old patterns belonging to my Granny.  My Granny is actually my dad's mother who passed away when I was 21 years old.  My Granny made me a lot of baby doll clothes for my Cabbage Patch Kids when I was younger but these patterns were for womens' clothing.  Keep in mind these were patterns from the 50's.  In fact, inside one of the pattern packages was an old newspaper clipping from Birmingham, Alabama dated 1952.  My mother wasn't sure how she came to owning these patterns but I was VERY eager to take them off of her hands and already had ideas for them before I even made it home.  Here are the results!!!


I covered a chip wood letter from Hobby Lobby with matching fabric from my shower curtain.  Not a pattern but I wanted to show you anyway!


 I framed 2 of the patterns in a document frame with fabric matching my shower curtain as the backing.  This is hanging just below a cabinet in the master bathroom.



Here is another pattern I hung in my bathroom just as you walk in the door.  I love how the ladies in the drawing look so FANCY!

These patterns are hanging in my laundry room.  The lower pattern is my favorite because it actually has my Granny's maiden name written in her handwriting.  PRICELESS!


I put another pattern in a shadow box and put it on top of the china hutch in the dining room.


It is a pattern for aprons!  Perfect for a kitchen area!
I am linking up to  Met Monday at Between Naps on the Porch!!!

2 comments:

  1. SUPER cute!! Thank you so much for sharing two of these with me! I can't wait to hang them in my laundry room!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you put those patterns in frames. I also just love the look of those old patterns.

    ReplyDelete