Monday, March 29, 2010

Chalk, Chalk EVERYWHERE!!!








So another idea I got from the Sugar Pie Farmhouse website. A super fun idea to spruce up anything around your house and make it totally useful! Ever hear of chalkboard paint? Well, you have now! You can get it in spray paint form at Hobby Lobby but I found this much easier to use can at Home Depot for about $12. I used a small sponge brush to apply it to a very rusty heart shaped metal cake pan. I just painted on two coats (drying for 24 hours between coats) and BAM...I have a heart shaped chalkboard! Well, I wasn't done there! I bought these two sets of Chalk Ink Markers at Michael's, using my 40% off coupon, of course. These are the kind of markers they use at Starbucks on their chalkboards. These sets were $11.99 each but as I said, I had a 40% off coupon with each purchase. Anyhoo, they write just like chalk and look just like chalk! You can wipe the ink off with a wet paper towel so it is easy to change your message or picture on your new chalkboard. Go now...get off the computer...get this paint and the markers!


1 comment:

  1. You did great!! I'll post mine now :) LOVE LOVE LOVE those markers!!!

    ReplyDelete